Wednesday, May 6, 2009

RESPONSE! FROM SICKLE CELL ANEMIA (by uhmmmidk.)

I recently read a blog informing me on sickle cell anemia. Basically, it was explaining that there are certain blood cells that have sickle shapes to them. This can sometimes make the cases develop into anemia. The word anemia alone is a pretty frightening word. What I do not understand, however, is what the word jaundice means. Also, the blog explains that the cells break down faster, leading to infections. Personally, I feel that infections are horrible things (as I am sure most people do). Again, relatively normal humans take things for granted, such as normal blood cells, which we are not always aware of. Relatively normal people just go about their lives, not thinking about things such as 'sickle cell anemia' and 'down syndrome'. I think we all need to be a little more aware of our surroundings.

For the complete article, go to :
www.uhmmmidk.blogspot.com/

No comments: